Whether you're looking to whip up a quick dinner or side dish, try this creamy egg risotto. Long grain rice is cooked in a beautiful cheese and egg mixture, resulting in a rich risotto that's sure to please.
Prep time: 0:02 hours / Cooking time: 0:05 hours / Serves 2
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup pressed cottage cheese (0.5%)
or fresh cheese (eg. Quark)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 pouch (19g) single serving cream of chicken noodle instant soup mix
- 1 1/2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley or chives, chopped
Whisk eggs, cottage or fresh cheese, water and soup mix in a medium bowl and set aside.
Place rice in a medium saucepan and whisk in egg mixture. Cover over low to medium heat, stirring constantly for 4 to 5 minutes until the mixture is thick and creamy. The texture should resemble cooked oatmeal.