Follow Vanessa Rehm's fail-proof method of creating Eggs Benedict for your morning breakfast. The vibrant, deep shade of yellow of the Hollandaise sauce speaks to the difference in quality of the Otaika Valley free range eggs, with a wholesome, healthy yolk.
Cooking time: 0:12 hours
- English muffins
- Baby rocket
- Hot smoked salmon
- Free range eggs, poached
- Hollandaise sauce
- Salt & pepper
For the Hollandaise sauce:
- 100g butter, melted
- 2 free range egg yolks
- 1t Dijon Mustard
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 ice cube
- In a bowl placed over a pot of simmering water, add the egg yolks and dijon mustard and whisk to combine. Add the lemon juice and a spoonful of the melted butter at a time, whisking well to bring together.
- Continue adding the butter slowly until it is well combined with the sauce.
- If at any point your sauce splits, add the ice cube to the bowl and continue to mix until it comes back together.
- While your eggs are poaching, toast the English Muffins and lay out on serving plates.
- Place a small handful of rocket leaves on each muffin and top with your desired amount of hot smoked salmon.
- After your eggs have had a minute to drain on the paper towels, carefully place on top of the salmon and pour over the Hollandaise sauce.
- Season and serve with lightly blanched asparagus. Bon appetit!
This recipe was a collaboration with Vanessa Rehm.