Packed full of flavour, this delicious gluten free flourless chocolate cake tastes just as sinful as a devil's food cake. This simple recipe will have the cake baking in the oven in under ten minutes.
Prep time: 0:10 hours / Cooking time: 0:50 hours / Serves 1
- 250g chocolate of your choice
- 250g butter
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 heaped tsp cocoa powder
- 1 level tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and line a 20cm cake tin with greased baking paper.
- Break up the chocolate into small pieces and put into bowl of food processor. Pulse to break into very small pieces. Add the brown sugar and pulse until the mixture becomes fine.
- In a clean bowl whisk the egg whites until they are thoroughly frothy. Add white sugar a little at a time and continue whisking until the mixture forms soft peaks.
- Add the boiling water to the choclate and sugar mixture in the food processor. Pulse and then add the egg yolks, cocoa and butter. Add vanilla essence.
- Fold the choclate mixture into the egg whites gently then pour the batter into your lined cake tin and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour. Allow to cool and remove cake from tin.
- This cake can be eaten warm or refrigerated for at least 3 hours. Serve with cream, ice cream, yoghurt, berry compote, fresh fruit or just on its own.
Recipe courtesy of eggs.org.nz.