After testing hundreds of recipes for buttermilk pancakes, we bring you our absolute favourite from Oh Sweet Basil! Perfect for those weekend breakfasts in bed, these light and fluffy pancakes are guaranteed to melt in your mouth.
Prep time: 0:05 hours / Cooking time: 0:12 hours / Serves 8-12
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly whisked
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tbsp butter, unsalted and melted
- Preheat your griddle to medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the salt, baking powder, baking soda, flour and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and buttermilk. Drizzle in the butter as you continue to whisk.
- Switch to a wooden spoon and make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients mixture. Pour in the wet ingredients and stir until almost completely combined.
* Remember, the more you stir the batter, the more flat and tough your pancakes will be, so ensure to mix until a few streaks of flour are still remaining.
- Butter the griddle and scoop 1/3 cup of batter and cook until bubbles begin to form. Flip and cook until golden.
- Serve with any toppings of your choice! At Otaika Valley, our favourites are mandarins and blueberries, drizzled with honey. Delicious!
Recipe courtesy of Oh Sweet Basil.